We understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. Any personal data we do collect will only be used as permitted by law.
1. Your Rights
1.1 As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to comply with.
In respect of your personal data you have the right:
- to be informed of our data collection and use,
- to have access to it,
- to rectify any errors,
- to ask for deletion of it,
- to restrict processing of it,
- to obtain a copy of it to re-use with another service or organisation,
- to object to us using it.
1.2 If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact the Society and we will do our best to solve the problem for you.
2. What Data Do We Collect and How Do We Use Your Data?
The bulk of the data held comprises members' names, telephone numbers and email addresses. The data is held by MailChimp - and for the purposes of this document such members are referred to as MailChimp Members.
Where email addresses are not provided, physical addresses are kept instead of email addresses. The data is held on an Excel spreadsheet and such members are referred to as a Non-MailChimp Members.
- For MailChimp Members, MailChimp processes the data and sends:
- regular newsletters
- invitations to renew membership
- For Non-MailChimp Members, invitations to renew membership are sent by conventional post or hand delivery.
Only the Membership Secretary or authorised Committee Members will have access to any of the data on either data file.
3. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure any data we hold about you.
- For MailChimp Members, MailChimp operates a variety of security systems which can be viewed at www.mailchimp.com/about/security/
- For Non-MailChimp Members, the computer holding the data is password-protected and kept in a secure location.
Data is normally retained for one year after membership expires and then deleted.
4. How Can You Access Your Data?
Every time MailChimp Members are sent newsletters or requests to renew their membership, they are provided at the end of the email with details of:
- How to remove or amend their record from the Society's database
MailChimp Members can delete or amend their own data on the MailChimp platform by clicking the link at the end of each MailChimp email. Non-MailChimp Members may view, delete or amend their record by contacting the Membership Secretary.
5. Contacting Us
3rd October 2020